1. First thing I do after cleansing and moisturizing my face is prime it. I take a bit of this Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer and gently massage it onto my entire face. I’m not a huge fan of this primer, as I’ve found it makes me a quite oily after a few hours, but at the moment, it’s all I’ve got. Lol I do, however, love the regular non-pro version of this.
2. I then use my MAC Face and Body foundation in C4 which gives quite a light coverage. I’ve found using my fingers to apply it works better than a brush because as I work the foundation into my skin, it gets a bit thicker, creating a better coverage than the initial watery application of it.
3. Next, using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, I apply my NYX Full Coverage concealer in Medium to cover my acne scars and any blemishes I might have at the moment. I love this concealer! It’s very high coverage, as the name would suggest and it’s quite long lasting as well!
4. I then use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to dab this gorgeous NYX Cream Blush in Hot Pink onto my cheeks. This blush is very pigmented and looks a bit scary at first, but with a bit of blending, it gives a very pretty natural flush.
5. Using an eco tools powder brush, which is so incredibly soft, I powder my t-zone (and occasionally under my eyes on the days I put a highlighting concealer there) with my favorite setting powder, L’Oreal Hydra Perfect Translucent Loose Powder.
6. Next thing I’ll do is bronze up my face with this Maybelline bronzing powder in Weekend Bronze. I do more of an all over bronze with a slight contour, rather than a stark, dramatic contour because I find this looks best on my face shape. For bronzing, I just use a fluffy brush that my mom got in a set from TJ Maxx.
7. This next step is one of my all time favorite products and it is my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose which is just amazing! It doubles as a highlighter and a blush so on “no makeup” days, I’ll just apply a bit of this and it gives me a bit more life. 🙂 I’ve been applying this lately with a Sonia Kashuk Angled Contour brush.
8. Please excuse my scruffy eyebrows, I’m in serious need of a good threading! All I use for eyebrows is this NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder kit in Dark Brown/Brown; I use the wax, dark brown powder, and both the tiny angled brush and spooly. I just fill them in willy nilly for the time being, but I’m hoping when I get a gel type product to do my eyebrows, I’ll be able to give them a better shape and make them a bit longer, as they are naturally SO short.
|My eye looks so wonky here! Lol|
10. This is the step that I feel ties it up nicely. You can use whatever waterproof kohl eyeliner you like for this step, but I use the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof eyeliner to tightline, which I think just makes the look so much cleaner and more done, if you know what I mean.
11. Mascara! These past few months, I’ve finally actually been sort of content with my lashes! For the longest time, I hated my lashes because they’re so short, but I’ve found the combination of these two mascaras makes them look quite nice! 🙂 First, I apply the L’Oreal Miss Manga mascara and then I’ll go in with the Hard Candy Ginormous Lash Mascara (which also says it contains lash growth serum and I think it might actually work!) for the second coat. Depending on how it looks after the second coat, sometimes I’ll go in again with the Miss Manga mascara. Love both of these so much!
12. I change up my lip products quite often and now that it’s Fall time, I’ll probably be wearing my dark lipsticks again (YAY!!!), but lately, I’ve found myself reaching for this Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry. I absolutely love this stuff because it so long lasting and the color is so pretty! Dare I say it, it’s even a bit on trend with the Kylie Jenner lip look, especially when I wear MAC lip pencil in Spice underneath. 🙂